Sunday, April 6, 2008

I am writing this, while we are still in the process of making MyVintageCloset. The website is turning out fabulously, and the web designer is being incredibly patient with me. "No, I don't want that red, I want poppy red!"

Originally, our goal opening date was April 15 but unfortunately I think it will have to be pushed back a week or so.

I received the picture for the website last week, and we did a quick scan and put it up on the site. Lacey did a fabulous job and am uber impressed with the end result. We still have to do our photo shoot this weekend and I think it will really make a difference and add that extra 'pop'. Major shout out to Lacey and Stephani!

I am having so much fun building this site but I am having issues on deciding the design direction I want to go. I've also never been a stylist before. I mean sure, picking out outfits for my sister and dressing up with friends but for a real photo shoot? The pressure is on.It's difficult to pick something from a pile of clothes you love, which will look great on camera and translate to the computer screen and still maintain the color scheme and 'look' of what I want this site to represent. This task is especially daunting when you don't yet have a perfect direction of the image you want to portray. Do you feel the pressure? But I'm sure I'll find my way even if it involves a few stumbles and maybe even a fall or two.

I figure this blog will be a more personal side of MyVintageCloset. I'm having quite an experience opening up my own store, it's been a dream of mine for quite some time. Of course, I always envisioned a Hollywood hot-spot store front with celebrity cliental daily but hey we all have to start somewhere and who knows where this will take me. I figured you might like to hear about that annoying man at my favorite thrift store who countdowns every minute fifteen prior to closing time. Or the lady I saw the other day, oh boy was she crazy and all the sticky situations I'm bound to get myself into.

Until next time, stay chic.

♥jenn

1 comment:

biancaaa said...

yay, I am glad it is turning out nicely so far, I can not wait to see it!!
good luck with everything