Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday afternoon I went shopping and came across the same top I had purchased a few months ago in a different color. The first top is a soft purple and in excellent condition, the second top is light pink and admittedly not in the best shape. It will definitely take a lot of work to make this blouse ready and normally I would pass on such a thing, but I just couldn't say no. I can't get over my luck. Who would have thought it possible to find the same vintage top, 30 miles apart in different colors. It makes me wonder if it came from the same original owner. Highly unlikely? Probably so, but I would think the chances of finding two tops happening the same. I wonder what she was like and what she wore it with, I wonder where she bought it from and what made her buy two. And I do wonder, where the person I bought it from got it from. If only clothes could talk, wouldn't that be something? Oh, the stories to be told. But perhaps its a good thing they can't; I'm sure my closet would have a thing or two to say about me.

No comments: